Friday, October 9, 2009

Fun for all ...

This post is more of a question than anything else. The question I pose to you all is, do you have trouble getting your significant other to share your passion for gaming? I have had an issue getting my wife to play for years, playing against AI does get boring after all. I have found that if its a woman you are trying to get involved then the best types of games are fighting games, racing games, and party games. Games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, the Need for Speed franchise, and the Mario Party games are among the most popular. If your boyfriend or husband doesn't want to play then I would question their manhood ... just kidding! For male's fighting, sports, and shooters are a sure bet. Share with all of us your stories of triumph or defeat of getting someone to play with you.

3 comments:

  1. You know, you are absolutely right. I am lucky because my girlfriend LOVES video games. I am one of the few that can sit down and play WoW, and she's sitting right next to me playing aswell. I have had girlfriends in the past that absolutely HATE video games and anything to do with them. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh. My daughter and her boyfriend are both huge gamers. They actually have two xbox 360 so they don't have to share and take turns playing anymore. He jokes around about how he knew it was love when she beat him at Tekken the first time they played. Its really great to share that kind of connection. It is hard for girls to get in to gaming but I think if they realized the social aspect of gaming, they would be more involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fiance is not into all the new video games, but she loves the old school NES and SNES games, like Super Mario 3, Tetris, Dr. Mario, etc. I myself have cut way back on the video game playing as I've gotten older, but I still enjoy them now and then. I think it's great when my fiance and I play them together.

    ReplyDelete