Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Assasin's Creed 2 Preview

I have read many reviews about Assasin's Creed 2, from Gameinformer Magazine to 1up.com, and I have to say that if it lives up to the hype, this should be a shoe in for game of the year. I have played Assasin's Creed 1, it was actually one of the first games I owned when I got my PS3. At first it was a great game. It had a very original story, interesting characters, and a combat system I personally never have seen before. After a couple of hours though, the game did become very repetative having very limited mission types to do. I enjoyed the total freedom the game gave you being able to climb anything and go anywhere, which added a new demension to the game that allowed you to aproach the same mission at many different angles. Still having to do the same 6 missions over and over prevented me from finishing the game ... yet. With all that I have read about the sequel, I may have to finish the original before the late November release date. The developers seem to have kept all the things that made the game great and dumped everything that sucked. They added many more mission types that are free for you to do at any time, new movement controls like swimming and gliding, more weapons and attacks, and a new setting that takes you to Italy during the Renaissance. I am already excited about this one and can't wait for it to come out. Read the review and watch actual gameplay footage at 1up.com.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same experience with Assasin's Creed. A lot of people I talked to hyped it up to be this amazing game but I ended up being disappointed. Yeah there were some aspects to the game that were exciting and new but I found the game to be boring so I didn't finish it either. Once again I have been hearing the hype with Assasin's Creed 2 but I will probably borrow a copy first to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I am impressed with the previews for Assasin's Creed 2 since I was so disappointed with the first one. The visual aspects of the game were one of a kind, even revolutionary. I have never before seen a game that pushed the limits as far as graphics and visual capability. At the same time, if AC had been as impressive in it's gameplay as it was with it's scenery, it would have been the game of the century! It was very repetitive and after a while, I got bored just like everbody else. I'm interested to see what they did to improve the gameplay, but not enough to buy it.

    ReplyDelete