Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Beginning

As I stated in my intro blog, I will not only review games but ask for feed back on old school games as well. Today I want to talk about what got you into gaming. I remember my first gaming experience was with my older sisters who were playing the original NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) with Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt game. I enjoyed both those games a lot even though on Super Mario Bros. I never beat the game and Duck Hunt I rarely got more than 10 ducks! (you got to give me a break though, I was only 5). As I got older and the sequels came for Mario Brothers, I decided that I wanted to see a game all the way through. Super Mario Bros. 2, was in my opinion, a great improvement on the original. Everything was revamped, the graphics, controls, and the story. Once again I was defeated my Super Mario Bros. 2, but I did not let it get me down. Super Mario Bros. 3 came out with a bang and I had my mind set on beating this one. It probably took me a good 3 months but I saw it to the end and defeated Bowser and his kids. I had such as sense of accomplishment, no matter how nerdy it sounds but I felt like I single handily brought about world peace. This one simple task (looking back on the game and playing it later in life, I realized how simple it actually was to beat this game) propelled me to continue to play and beat every game in my path.




Now it yours turn, let me know what was your defining moment that made you love video games, or maybe share the most memorable game you have ever played.

I also found this video on YouTube, it someone beating Super Mario Bros. 3 in 11 minutes. I have a feeling though that its a speed run of the game (they altered the game some how), but I thought it was still pretty cool.


2 comments:

  1. I will always remember the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo game as my first ever experience into the video game console. I believe it was that game and also the original The Legend of Zelda that got me into gaming. I still to this day continue to play the many sequels of Zelda.

    As far as my favorite video game of all time, I would have to say it is either GoldenEye or Zelda: Ocarina of Time, both for the N64. The last recent video game I really enjoyed playing was BioShock for the PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first video game system was an intellivision. My family and I really enjoyed playing it. Pitfall and frogger where some of my favorites. That is what really got me in to games. My favorite games would have to be tetris and dr mario. They are not the most elabrate games but they can be so addictive.

    ReplyDelete